Sunday, June 14, 2009

YouTube Monkeys

Ha-roo every pups and humans,
I'm finally back, I've been very busy lately. I have finally created an account on Flicker for my photos and now I'm trying to learn Adobe Fireworks ;=)


The screenshot above is an error message I got when I was trying to view a video on YouTube. I just have to walkthrough it with you fellow blog readers.
The first line: " Sorry something went wrong ", well this is obvious, even for a dog like me.
The second line: " A team of highly trained monkeys has been dispatched to deal with this situation ", this sentence just made my day, I was laughing out loud!!!! It was so hilarious that I actually forgot to be angry because YouTube wasn't loading my video and I must add I would like meet YouTube monkeys.
In the third line : #include unknown characters like " ♫☺◄↕¥▒╗◙♥ ", I do guess that it is some kind of code for their server, but this is very frustrating for users to see . YouTube should have passed this information secretly(i.e without users being aware of it).

I guess that on a site like YouTube the first 2 lines would have been acceptable. The point is when you write any error message don't bother your users with unnecessary information, be direct and think smartly. If you need to send any information back to your servers (encrypted data normally), which looks like this " ♪‼↕♥◙○↕◄ ", pass it into an error report don't show it to your users!

tail wags,
Chouka

4 comments:

Bruno said...

wouf wouf !!! lol welcome to the mauritian blogosphere

Nitish said...

toutou al lor youtube? ki li al fer laba?

Chouka the Mauritian Programmer Dog said...

Mai li fer seki tout dimoune fer lor YouTube, upload video, regarde video et comment & rate video!!!!!!!!

priscus said...

hey a doggie blog :D